Job Title: Ministry Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Senior Pastor and Leadership Board
Position Status: 6-12 Month contract, Part-Time (yearly extension & expansion of hours possible).
Work Environment: Weekly office duties with Sunday mornings as required.
The Ministry Administration Assistant will support day-to-day ministerial, administrative, clerical, and operational functions of the church and provide oversight and/or support to the pastoral team, volunteers as well as various teams and committees of GBC.
Overall Goal: The Ministry Administrative Assistant will maintain regular office hours, become an easily identified frontline presence and will assist the pastor/ministry teams with clerical duties, ministry administration, as well as support and resource Sunday worship Gatherings.
- Mature faith in Jesus Christ, godly character and a commitment to serve the local church
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Excellent interpersonal and listening skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving
- Ability to adapt to the needs of the church and flexibility to new roles
- Team player, self-starter and motivated (in different work settings)
- Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate when needed
- Ability to protect the reputation and integrity of others by maintaining privacy, discretion and strict confidentiality at all times
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related
- Proficiency with, or the ability to quickly learn new programs/apps
- Web page design/maintenance and presentation software (would be an asset)
The Ministry Administrative Assistant will act in the following roles:
1) Host & Frontline person at the Chapel
- interact with our community and congregation (in-person, phone, email, prayer needs, prayer chain, E-Newsletter, social media, etc.).
- Address specific needs that may arise and if needed refer to the proper person, team or ministry.
- Receive and direct messages to the appropriate person, team, ministry.
- Interact with service providers, external contractors and service trades (as arranged).
- Act as the church representative and respond to external requests/enquiries.
- Bookkeeping/Filling (e.g. volunteer, vulnerable screening/ police checks lists, Plan-to-Protect, CCLI Reporting, etc. as required).
- Office & Building Administration (e.g. ordering, building and office supplies, etc.)
- Review, open and distribute mail weekly
- Clerical duties (e.g. printing, photocopying, developing publications as requested).
- Maintain/manage a GBC calendar/bookings.
- Maintain and update GBC membership list
- Maintain an inventory of church property, equipment and assets.
- Other duties as requested.
3) Ministry Support:
- Support pastoral staff and ministry leaders & volunteers in the use of office and church equipment.
- Coordinate, book special events/outside activities, trips, etc.
- Support Leadership & Elders board by preparing reports, lists as required.
- Provide support to pastoral staff, governing boards and ministry teams and attend meetings if/when required.
4) Sunday Gatherings Support:
- Maintain A/V, worship teams list
- Create, distribute and print orders of service
- Help create Projection “playlists,” add songs, etc.
The Ministry Administrative Assistant is part of the GBC staff and accountable to the Senior Pastor and Board.
Applications including a resume and cover letter to be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.